D700 8 fps continuous shooting ?

stephen patience

<p>What type of battery do you have inside the MB-D10? The D700 requires a higher voltage to achieve 8 frames/sec. If you put another EN-EL3e inside the MB-D10, it won't get the job done. You must have either 8 AA batteries inside or an EN-EL4a (or the older EN-EL4).</p>

<p>Moreover, you need to set the camera to use the battery inside the MB-D10 first and of course Ch (continuous high) has to be set to 8 frames/sec.</p>

<p>The MB-D10 grip comes standard with the MS-D10 8-AA battery holder as well as the EN-EL3e holder. You should be able to find a replacement MS-D10.</p>

<p>If you don't already have an EN-EL4a, that battery is over $100 and worse yet, the charger is even more expensive. You'll also need a BL-3 battery chamber cover to secure the EN-EL4a inside the MB-D10: <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352129-REG/Nikon_4782_BL_3_Battery_Chamber_Cover.html">http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352129-REG/Nikon_4782_BL_3_Battery_Chamber_Cover.html</a></p>

<p>IMO, you may be better off using 8 AA's since that is the much cheaper approach. However, AA batteries are not "smart batteries." They have no electronic chip inside to inform the camera that the batteries are exhausted or close to exhaustion to trigger a switch over to the battery inside the camera.</p>

<p>The bit depth you select for your RAW or NEF files may also affect fps while shooting in C hs mode. Check your camera manual. 12 bit may allow for faster fps speed than 14 bit. (Unfortunately I do not have my manual available with me so I hope I am not providing "confusing info" If I am please delete this post. )<br>

Joe Smith</p>

<blockquote>

<p>The bit depth you select for your RAW or NEF files may also affect fps while shooting in C hs mode. Check your camera manual. 12 bit may allow for faster fps speed than 14 bit.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Since the OP is using a D700, that issue does not apply. The D3, D3S and D700 can all shoot at their respective top frame rates in the 14-bit capture mode, so can the D7000.</p>

<p>The D300 and D300S will drop to 2.5 frames/second in the 14-bit capture mode. That is why I only use my D300 in 12-bit mode. The D3X also has a similar issue.</p>

<p>Your shutter speed must also be significantly fast, e.g. 1/500 sec or faster. Also possible delay could be caused by focusing or focus priority, or picture processing, if set. E,g. Hi ISO Noise reducttion, camera shutter delay, etc. Make sure all is at the top speed, or not engaged.</p>