Nikkormat Part two

<p>this time the camera is the Nikkormat FT-n with the only one lens I have for the Nikkormat cameras I have which are the FT2 and FTn so thats all for now I hope in Nikon cameras, I will say that I believe that meter is on the money<br /> used Fuji Color superia film ,processed at Target for develope only and no cutting or anything else,took them home and used my Epson 4870 scanner set resolution set to 2400 did some work in Photoshop Elements 8<br /> still need to learn how spot and get rind of stuff that get scanned with the negative :<br /> so here are the photos taken with it: the Boston and Maine Signal tower Building has two poles supporting it , I do not know if the building is being used or not , and then there is the mirror on the side of the Bridge near the water surface ,why you got me : enjoy and your comments from the first thread where very much appreciated : thanks all:</p><div>00YsxD-369061584.jpg.ae4fb610a7c14ac4ba6e74afade9ee4f.jpg</div>

<p>Nice shots Lauren. I think #5 is my favorite. I seem to be fascinated by old buildings these days. I have an FTn also and a 50/2. That lens is really a good performer and the non-AI version is selling for next to nothing. I paid $23 (US) for mine. Like you, I find the meter to be spot on also. Luckily my FTn came with a working mercury cell battery still in it. I have some zinc-air cells to try when that old mercury battery finally quits.</p>

<p>Lauren, great shots! I know you didn't ask for advice, but try a roll of Ektar...You seem to like to do flower shots and I think you may appreciate how it enhances the colors...plus easy to scan and very fine grain....with that sharp 50/2 it will probably "knock your socks off"<br>

Have fun and keep up the good work!<br>

Mark</p>

<p>I love my Nikkormat. Even back in the mid-1970's, I always thought of these as being a little quirky and ancient compared to the then more typical control layout of the Pentax, Olympuses, etc. But that's part of its charm. The only problem is that the screens are not interchangeable and most are like mine... with the only focusing aid being the microprism spot in the centre. I wish mine had the split image type that you align, because I can't focus very well with just my eyes anymore.</p>

<p>From a quick look online, Tower A at North Station only controls the drawbridges. All the track switches are controlled by Tower H in Boston Engine Terminal (to the north). Of course, Tower A used to control the track switches as well, which is why it's so large.</p>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=6593694">mike wagner</a> I got a couple of Wein Battery's I do not know if their are mercury or something else :<br>

the Nikor-H 50mm F-2<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=654955">Mike Gammill</a> I need to use better house keeping around that stuff</p>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=732976">mark kittleson</a>. Yes I have Ektar 135mm 36 loads tho i use the Fuji color film because I have a bunch of it and it is in 24 loads<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5911856">Pierre Lachaine</a>, thats the nice part of these older camera I have been playing with that have those types of screen's that aid me in making sure I am in focus :<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=714827">John Shriver</a> Thanks for Information on that building there.</p>

<p>Wein Cells are zinc air like hearing aid batteries, but only have one hole for air rather than four. Also the chemistry is tweaked a bit to make cell voltage closer to 1.35 V rather than the 1.4 V of hearing aid batteries. Hearing aid cells often work sufficiently well that many people buy them instead of the more expensive Wein Cells. You can use a #9 rubber o-ring to make a 675 size zinc air cell fit in a 625 space. If the contacts require the edge of the cell be a conductor, you can save the metal ring from a Wein 625 cell and put it around a 675.</p>