Large size photo album

ekaterina_s

<p>First of all, thanks everyone who responded to my questions about shooting an informal wedding reception in a dark reception room. The event turned out quite well, I used a lot of your advices and learned a lot of important lessons, one of which is - to stay focused no matter what. Anyway, I have three questions:<br>

1. My clients are asking for a large size album. I used adoramapix, and from what I understand the largest size they have is 12x12, while my clients are asking for something like 16x16. What would be the best resource to use?</p>

<p>2. Even 12x12 is quite costly, and given my experience with family/pregnancy/baby photography I am not used to asking that kind of money. What would be appropriate cost for a 16x16 wedding album?</p>

<p>3. I had to boost my ISO to 1600 a lot, so naturally some images came out grainy. I don't think there is anything I can do to correct it, but may be there is?</p>

<p>Thanks a lot!</p>

<p>Ekaterina,<br>

You'll need to find out your cost on one of these albums before figuring out what to charge your client. Prices should be based on your total cost with profit built in, not on what others say. You always need to do the math and then you can determine your price.</p>

<p>Nadine, when I do "noise reduction", the faces appear unnatural, I suppose there is no good solution, but to use better equipment and not underexpose.</p>

<p>Ted, I am not quite in the business of wedding photography YET, I am working with kids and families. I was doing this project for a friend of a friend, which let me to a plan to start building up my portfolio. Until then I need to familiarize myself with what would be commonly charged, since I am not charging my full price yet.</p>

<p>GP Abums (formerly General Products) is a long established, quality manufacturer.<br>

As a rule of thumb, mark-up for products like albums, etc. is about 2.5-3x your cost from the manufacturer. So using this factor, your overhead and other misc. are not included; only the actual wholesale price of the book. I hope this helps.</p>