D90 Focus lock doesn't

michaelwalter

<p>Maybe I misread something. I was using my new (well, new to me) D90 yesterday. I would push the shutter release halfway and it would focus. Holding the shutter release I would recompose the frame and... it would refocus! I think it should hold the focus as long as the shutter release is being held halfway down, right? I do have the focus point set to the center point.<br>

Since I am not the original owner, I have no warranty on it. So, use multiple focus points, use the AE/FL lock, or send it in for repair. Does that about sum it up? Or, is there a menu setting that I overlooked?</p>

<p>AF mode should be set to AF-S - Single servo Mode.</p>

<p>Hold the AF button down (the one on top at right rear corner beside the top LCD) and rotate the main command wheel (the rear one) until the display reads AF-S.</p>

<p>Just a little extra info: the AF-A mode on the D90 does a pretty fine job of switching from single servo to continuous based on how the camera processes the scene/motion. I use it most of the time. I use AF-C for sports mainly.</p>

<p>As KR says about AF-A " It's my favorite because the D90 is so smart that it figures out if your <br />subject is moving or still, and automatically selects the correct mode above for <br />each shot!"</p>