KonicaMinolta DimageScan 5400 II on Win 7 - My Successful Story

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I just want to sharing my problem solving for KonicaMinolta DimageScan 5400 II which now working on Wondow 7 platform after I installed "Universal Printer Driver". I found the driver on the link below:</p>

<p><a href="http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileid=25344&productid=1305">http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileid=2534 4&productid=1305</a></p>

<p>My steps to made it works just very simple, no need to have kno w about programming.<br>

1. Install t he bundled software from The film scanner.<br>

2. Down load and install the driver above.<br>

3. Restart the the computer<br>

4. Launch the scann er program<br>

5. That all.</p>

<p>This steps a lso work on my brother film scanner (DimageScan Dual IV).<br>

Have a good time for film scanning again.</p>

<p>Cheers,<br>

RTogog</p>

<p>Yes, Vue Scan is one of the best scanner software which is famous for its back compatibility. I also use their pro version with unlimited upgrade. In my opinion, this software need to many adjustment to get right colour compared with original software.</p>

• 4 months later...

<p>It's a bit of a thread revival, but I've just plugged my Minolta 5400 elite back in to start an archive process, and found out, as many have that the drivers didn't work with Windows 7 64bit.<br>

Here's what i did to "fix" it.<br>

Plug scanner into USB interface, realize it's got no driver, turn it off.<br>

Install Minolta software from archive driver discs. (v1.1.5)<br>

Find the error message 4 issue.<br>

Google a fix, decide, well i never really liked the Minolta software anyway, so I think I'll try a demo of Vuescan 9. Installed it.<br>

Turn on scanner, Vuescan seems to work.<br>

Went to start up Vuescan from the start menu, clicked Dimage Scan by mistake, and It started up.. looks like the Vuescan software has loaded the correct driver into windows 7 somewhere.<br>

Anyway, it seems to work, i just need to find the films i want to scan in now.</p>