Lomo LC-Wide

The Lomo LC-Wide is a new film camera with a fixed ultra-wide lens and the ability to shoot three different formats on 35mm

film. Featuring a 17mm Minigon glass lens, the Lomo LC-Wide is billed as “a passionate celebration of the ultra-wide-angle”.

The user can choose from 36x24mm full frame, 17x24mm half frame and 24x24mm square formats. <br>

To celebrate the launch some London Lomographers got together and shot a stop motion video on the LC-Wide, which you

can view it <a href="

here</a>.

<p>Interesting, but when I googled the camera and went to the website I noticed it was selling for a blistering 389 USD. Even so, the multiformat capability and compact size might help it to catch on. FWIW, one could buy a used Tamron Adaptall 17mm f3.5 and a used camera body (any brand) for less. I guess the price might come down after it's been on the market a while.<br>

The Vivitar AF slim (I hope I got the name right) is also 17mm and lots cheaper, but it vignets severely and judging from the sample Lomo images I've seen, the Vivitar isn't nearly as sharp as the Lomo.<br>

Thanks for posting.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Lomography is getting crazy on their price these days. It is all about those fashion hipster who view faults as features. Well, I sold my LC-A recently to a lady. I got a mint voigtlander vito ii which has a more retro look and better quality plus a fancy meal in the best steak house in Dallas. Yummy!</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I still don't get it.</p>

<p>I can buy a Holga from China for $25, free shipping. I can buy a Canon EOS used camera from 30 to 50 bucks on eBAy. Maybe even a used Nikon F4 with 50mm for $400 on eBay.</p>

<p>Adorama has a <strong>NEW</strong> Vivitar 35mm camera kit, lens 50mm f1.7, bags, flash for $170.</p>

<p>I don't think it is faults as features. I think it is just free reign with daddy's credit card. A hipster is just another word for a bum if they don't have a job.</p>