Sun Sniper DPH or Black Rapid DR1?

james_fielding

<p>I am looking to buy either the Sun Sniper DPH or the Black Rapid DR1. Which one is better made? I like to know what you think especially if you have had a chance to try out both for events like weddings. <br>

I am looking to carry to gripped 5Ds, one with a 24-70 2.8L and the other with 70-200 2.8L IS. </p>

<p>The Sunsniper has better, smoother swivels than the Black Rapid, and a better shoulder pad. The strap is also lined with a steel cable, so that it can't be easily cut by a thief. I find it very comfortable even for long events. The pad stays put and the camera is always ready, even a D3 with a 70-200 attached.</p>

I've only used the Blackrapid, but I like it very much (it's one of the two only straps I use. The other is a Blackrapid dual strap). The thing I like about the Blackrapid over the Sunsniper is the easily detachable hook. If you want to remove the Sunsniper from the camera, you have to unscrew it from the tripod socket. With the Blackrapid, you just snap off the carabiner and you're done. This also allows you to use other attachment points than the tripod socket. For instance: on my Leicas I hook the strap to a small loop of jumpcord tied to one of the strap lugs.

• 1 month later...
<p>I use the Sun Sniper Steel and find it really good. But I have not placed the Sun Sniper in the tripod mount, I fastened a key ring on the left strap point of my camera and then the Sun Sniper to the key ring. This way I don't have to remove the Sun Sniper when I use a tripod.</p>