Need suggestion about M lens

Xinca

<p>Hi, I am looking for a M lens ether leica or third party. I am using Konica M-Hexanon Lens 28mm f/2.8 now. The only complain I have it the min focus distance is 0.7 meter which is too much because I only going to have one lens for nex-5 always.<br>

What I am looking for:<br>

1. 24mm -35mm <br>

2. F2.0 - F3.5<br>

3. short min focus distance<br>

4. Good optical quality<br>

5. small and light - Konica M-Hexanon Lens 28mm f/2.8 is OK but smaller will be better</p>

<p>Any suggestions?</p>

<p>Thanks </p>

<p>I wonder if any M mount lens has been made with a closest focus less than 0.7M (barring the near range Summicron, which probably cannot be used on a NEX-5). You might consider a close-up attachment lens or else extension tubes. The M-Hexanon 28/2.8 is said to be about as good as lenses get (I have its 50/2 sibling), and you will be well advised to carry on with it.</p>

<p>A couple of the wider Zeiss ZM and Cosina lenses focus down to 0.5m, but lose rangefinder coupling at 0.7m. Also some older lenses might go down to less than 0.7m, like my Nikkor 50/1.4.</p>

<p>I think you will be hard pressed to find any that go much below 0.5m.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot guys. <br>

0.5m is not really big upgrade from 0.7 m. So it looks like as long as I stick with M I have to live with this long min focus distance. In that case I will just stick with my Konica then. </p>