I need help

larry_guckert

<p>well here is the problem i dropped my pentax k100d and now its junk and im going to buy anouther camera now here is the ? i can either get anouther k100d or i can get a k10d with a spot on the sensor that is not that noticable and in post production i can fix it so what camera do i get they are the same price?</p>

<p>Did you find the K100D adequate to your needs? If so, I would go with another over a spotty K10D, unless a simple cleaning can fix it. How much are we talking, because you could get a K-x for pretty cheap now, around $500 with the kit lens, which would be a big upgrade to a K100D. Or the K-r for not much more. I got a K-x recently and I love it, the high ISO is amazing compared to just a couple of years ago.</p>

<p>The K100D and K10D are two very different styles of camera. The K10D has a professional style control layout and build quality with weather sealing, and is designed more for shooting RAW images and post processing, not especially good for jpeg images. It does not feature "scene' modes, in case you like these and use them for your convenience, or your family does.</p>

<p>Although we can provide information, and advice based on our own experience, no one can determine for you which camera style best suits you and your needs.</p>

<p>Jpegs from the K100D are very good right out of the camera. If you prefer the features and conveniences of the K100D, as well as its jpeg quality, I'd say look for a less-used K200D in perfect shape. It is a true upgrade over the K100D. About the same size, style and features, but with many important additions, and yet has a great weather-sealed build quality. The ONLY camera of this design-style ever made with such a high build quality- by any manufacturer! Uses the same sensor as the pro-style K10D, but with better in-camera jpeg quality, and has user control of noise-reduction and dynamic range highlight protection. You would feel the difference in build quality immediately over your K100D, as well as notice improvement in the sharpness of your images, if taken with a good lens. If you should get a K200D, just make sure it has the latest firmware update installed, availabe from the pentax imaging website, under support- downloads. You must follow instructions exactly.</p>