Cheap, Effective Flatbed Scanner with the sole purpose of scanning Polaroids

<p>Hi all,<br>

Quick enquiry, I am looking to buy a flatbed scanner as the title indicates to primarily scan my Fuji Instax film. I am looking to spend under £50-70 really, for a scanner which can to the best of its ability produce good, true to life colour and sharpness etc… which the real polaroid looks like.<br>

If anyone knows of any fairly cheap, reliable flatbeds which is upto the task which i need to accomplish, or if anyone has had any experience with any scanners they found good for scanning polaroids in particular please let me know!<br>

Cheers<br>

N</p>

<p>Hi Nathan<br>

Someone recently asked about a 35mm film scanner for about £100 or less, and I explained how I find my Epson V330 (£80ish from Amazon I think) to be OK but inconsistant. What I didnt mention is just how good a flatbed scanner it is - I really cant fault it in that respect. <br>

I haven't scanned Polaroid's, only enlarged prints. By default the scans come out slightly overexposed and under-saturated, but this helps to preserve more of the fine detail and it's pretty simple to add more shadow and colour to get a very close reproduction of the actual print, I find.<br>

The only other scanner Ive used was a Canon Lide 20, which was Canon's cheapest scanner circa 2005/6 for about £40/50. It was terrible at scanning photos, but the new equivalent models may be better.<br>

Anyway, I hope you find one that does the Job.</p>

<p>I have got an Epson Perfection 2450 which is surplus to requirements - it's a flatbed which can do film, and should do a good job on your polaroids. You can have it if you could arrange to collect it? I live near Leicester, UK.</p>