Old Spyder & New PC Win 7 64 bit

<p>I just replaced my old XP computer. I am using the old Photocal Spyder to calibrate my monitor. I downloaded version 2.7.7, and when I attempt to open the software, it asks me to identify the type of spyder (USB). But it then says it could find no spyder attached. Has anyone used the "old" Spyder with Win 7 64 bit?<br />Thanks in advance<br />Dave</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>My "old" spider does not work either. They said that they are not supporting it on Win 7 and are not going to. What I did I prepared the profile on XP and then copied it over into Windows 7 directory (where all monitor profiles are located). Then use Windows 7 profiler selector. Looks like it worked. Do not remember details right now. Try it yourself. If you will have difficulties I'll try to recall the procedure.<br>

And yes, they have 64-bit driver, but for Win XP 64bit. But for me it was some kind incompatibility any way. But someone claimed it worked.</p>

<p>My "old" spider does not work either. They said that they are not supporting it on Win 7 and are not going to. What I did I prepared the profile on XP and then copied it over into Windows 7 directory (where all monitor profiles are located). Then use Windows 7 profiler selector. Looks like it worked. Do not remember details right now. Try it yourself. If you will have difficulties I'll try to recall the procedure.<br>

And yes, they have 64-bit driver, but for Win XP 64bit. But for me it was some kind incompatibility any way. But someone claimed it worked.</p>