Hasselblad 150mm F2.8 F lens question

nglester

<p>Hi guys, just a quick question regarding the 150mm F2,8 F lens.<br>

I am currently looking to get one if this but couldn't find that many information about it apart of it's a brilliant lens.<br>

Just to make sure, will i be able to use it on a 500CM (all i found was people talking about it on the 200 series)? Also what bay size is the lens?<br>

Thanks in advance<br>

Lester</p>

This F-lens (as all F and FE/TCC lenses) does not have a shutter. So you cannot (!) use it on 500-series cameras (Except in a sort of "B"-mode, using the rear auxillary shutter and your finger to 'time' your exposure).<br><br>The lens itself is indeed excellent. But so is the (one stop slower) 150 mm Sonnar you can use on 500-series cameras.<br><br>Academic, since you will not be using the F f/2.8 lens on your 500 C/M, but it has a bayonet 70 front mount.

<p>I was worried about the f4 of the 150 Sonnar lens until I actually used one. IMHO it's too long to use hand held anyway, and since I always use it with my 500 C/M on a tripod, I just slow down the shutter speed in low light.</p>

<p>I find it to be a spectacular lens.</p>

<p>Best,<br>

-Tim</p>

Had one on my hand this weekend. The 150mm f2.8 F is strangely quite light.

I think I might get the CF if I manage to find one with an exceptable price, the focusing ring seems to be a little smoother and easier than the C too.