D300s Manual Aperture settings - question

pushkarrajsharma

<p>I am a newbie with d300s . I am facing problems changing the aperture settings in M ' Manual' mode .<br>

I own a 17-55mm f2.8 lens </p>

<p>1. I tried for example setting aperture through the front wheel but it does not goes below f/8 or sometimes below f/11 and so on , when shutter is not changed or changed too .. <br>

2. I can change shutter easily through the back wheel ..<br>

3. I can change aperture settings via A ' Aperture Priority' Mode to as low as I want to low values f2.8<br>

When I switch back to Manual Mode sometimes it starts to work and I can change Aperture values to whatever I want </p>

<p>Is there any relation in certain lighting / metering values that I can not change Aperture / shutter .<br>

Or the relation between Aperture and Shutter has to be maintained to accurate to change Aperture values .<br>

Many time I face issue in <manual mode> 'M' that I can not go on large aperture values such as F2.8 or so ... but in other modes like 'A' I can do so . </p>

<p> I keep switching to Aperture mode & Manual mode to chk if things are working right ? Why its happening to me ? </p>

<p>plz help ..</p>

<p>This forum isn't just for medium format <em>digital</em> cameras, but for film cameras in medium format as well. In fact the majority of contributors are probably still using film.</p>

<p>However the D300s still doesn't qualify. Try the Nikon forum as indicated above.</p>

<p>"<em>This forum isn't just for medium format digital cameras, but for film cameras in medium format as well. In fact the majority of contributors are probably still using film."</em><br>

<a href="../community/index">Community</a> > <a href="../community/forums">Forums</a> > <a href="http://www.photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/">Medium Format</a> > <a href="?category=Digital+Photography">Digital Photography</a> > D300s Manual Aperture settings...</p>

<p>I sort of knew that, but the Medium Format has a sub-forum for Digital Photography, so that's why I said what I said..... :)</p>