Fuji Quickload is back, I think

joe_piano

<p>I just posted the following response to an older post but felt it was worthy enough to start a new topic.<br>

I just spoke with Fuji Canada about the availability of their 4x5 sheet film. It seems that Fuji is discontinuing their Fuji Pro 160S 4x5 film in 10 sheet packs and replacing it with Fuji Pro 160S 4x5 in 20 sheet Quick Load packs. The person I spoke to didn't know if Fuji will also be selling this film in regular 20 sheet (not Quick Load) packs. The melodrama continues.</p>

<p>A google search does not find any official statements about Fuji (or anyone else) reviving the Quickload film packets. The only Quickload film you can get right now is available stock from retailers.<br>

I am a Quickload user, and would love for Fuji to bring it back, but I am very sceptical of what the Fuji Canada person told you.</p>

<p>According to japanexposures.com last year (last I inquired), Quickloads are (were) still being made and sold in Japan- you could buy them from them at rather high prices (more expensive in Japan- e.g., a box of Acros @ about $125 US) and have them shipped. FujiUSA (and I guess Canada) just chose not to import them any longer.<br>

This made/makes no sense to me, that Japan alone could support QL production, but Fuji is one strange company...</p>

<p>I'm going to agree with the last sentence Richard F said.<br>

Japan is a notoriously tech interested society, and they do have a bit of a gadget craze.<br>

seriously, turnaround time is measured in weeks, not months or years.<br>

product lines are frequently replaced in as little as a couple weeks.<br>

Japan generally has the newest and coolest gadgets, far ahead of other countries, and many that will never be exported, because of the turnaround and such.<br>

one would expect them to be buying the latest digital camera, not quickloads. I would have expected there to be a bigger market for 20x24 quickloads in canada than any quickload in Japan (i know there is no 20x24, it was just to illustrate the point.)<br>

just my experience though.<br>

oh, here's the article I was looking for:<br>

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/12/test_burning_question_japan/</p>

• 2 months later...