Helicord lens mounts for bronica S, where did they all go?

r_c16

<p>I just noticed that lenses being sold for the bronica s, s2, s2a don't have the helicord mount- I figure that sellers break them up and sell separately. but this does not seem to be the case as no one has any other ones except the 75mm lens.</p>

<p>Where are all the helicords for the different lenses? (I just bought a 50mm without it)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Back in the 70's when I bought a 150mm lens for my EC, one didn't come with the lens. Although my memory is a bit blurry, I think when I bought the camera and 75mm lens, I believe the helicord was boxed and mounted on the camera rather than on the lens. I would presume the helicord is considered a camera body part(?)</p>

<p>The helicoids for S2, S2A, EC and EC-TL Bronicas are often sold separately, for some reason. KEH has them occasionally for about $50 -- I wouldn't pay more than that.</p>

<p>The large bayonet mount on these cameras (the one the helicoid mounts on) accepts long lenses (400 mm, for example) directly, but these are hard to find. They were made by Nikon and, I think, Komura; each of which companies made a single focusing unit that accepted multiple lens heads (I have the Nikon unit that allows me to use 400mm, 600mm, 800mm and 1200mm lens heads on my S2A and EC-TL).</p>

<p>The Bronica S and earlier models had a different large bayonet mount than the S2, S2A, EC and EC-TL. On the S and earlier models, the small bayonet mount on front of the helicoid is built into the camera -- you don't need a separate helicoid for the S as with the later focal plane shutter Bronicas. But you do need a Bronica bayonet adapter to use the bellows or long lenses designed for the S with later models of the Bronica.</p>

<p>Many online sellers incorrectly list film backs, bellows and viewfinders as being for the S2, S2A, EC and EC-TL cameras. This is incorrect -- these accessories are incompatible and fit either the S series or EC series -- because of different size fittings and mirror designs, none will fit both Bronica series.</p>

<p>That's weird,considering all the strange and rare stuff on ebay and the like that none of these proper lens adapters would be around.</p>

<p>After all there is an aluminum plate that surrounds the helicord adapter that states the length of the lens and corresponds to the DOF scale on the body.</p>