Camera holster?

jeff_harper3

<p>Hello everyone. I was at a wedding during which time I saw a photographer using a holster or some such accessory whereby he had his second camera on his hip, hanging from his belt. I forget his name, or I would contact him.</p>

<p>I will be needing to do the same soon for outdoor shoots, as my second camera will be outfitted with a fisheye lens, and only used sparingly as I do outdoor work at a park. </p>

<p>Anyone know of such a device that would work for a micro 4/3 cameera?</p>

<p>Phil, thanks for your response and link, you have the exact idea. In this case, the substantial belt, etc with the spider holster seems much more than he was using, and certainly more bulky than my tiny camera would require.</p>

<p>I have found this, but even this appears a bit too deep for my camera: <a href="http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/digital-holster-10-v2.aspx">http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/digital-holster-10-v2.aspx</a></p>

<p>I'll keep looking, there is bound to be something out here!</p>

<p>here is a list of the 'carrier' type systems that I know of. Some may not be what you're looking for.<br>

I always (unfounded?) hvae concerns about hanging a heavy rig like that off the tripod socket (essentially) and then walk/run around w/ it but it certainly must save your spine & shoulders if you do it for a living.</p>

<p>Cotton Carrier<br />R-Strap<br />Spider Holster<br />Sun Sniper<br />ThinkTank</p>

<p>Jeff, check out their Black Widow. I think that's what you're looking for.</p>

<p>Disclaimer: I have no connection to, or experience with, Spider products, but I think I'm going in that direction for my next carry solution purchase.</p>

<p>You could just screw an eye hook into the bottom of the camera and use a carabiner to attach the camera to a strong belt or belt loop. Much less than any of the ready made products. You could even use an O ring on the strap lug and a carabiner. The strap lugs are made for attaching, and with a ligher camera, should be no problem.</p>

<p>Hi Jeff,<br /> Here is a product not mentioned: B-Grip. It fits a waist belt the camera sits in it secure to ones side.</p>

<p>One of my unused carry bags has a removable strap. Connected one end of the strap to the other end then, connected it to the left side of the camera. The strap crosses my body from my right shoulder to my left hip (I am left handed) where the camera hangs. This past weekend shooting a five hour event using this inexpensive (read 'free') black leather strap it performed as well as some of the $60-plus straps mentioned above.</p>

<p>"She who must be obeyed" thought I purchased a new thingy-bob. She was quite pleased and surprised it was scrounged from my closet. Points gained.</p>

<p>I have and use the spider holster. The bracket can hang off either the full strap belt (part of the kit) w/ the hip pad, or it can simply clip to your belt. I use it on my regular belt much of the time, but you have to make sure you have a strong belt if you have a heavy lens/camera combination. (I typically shoot w/ two gripped 5ds, one w/ 24-70/2.8 and one w/ 70-200/2.8, both w/ flashes). As long as your belt is strong enough you shouldn't have to worry to much. to somebody w/ a miro 4/3, obviously that's not an issue.</p>

<p>The base plate (attached to your camera) mounts to anything w/ a tripod mount, and is countoured to shoot vertically comfortably (if your camera allows).</p>

<p>I've never found a better solution for shooting w/ multiple cameras. I do love mine, and wouldn't go back to 2 straps, or some of the other systems for anything. Also, when I'm just hanging out, with only one camera, I don't have to worry about strap problems, as my camera just hangs off my belt. A very well engineered system for how I shoot.</p>