lightmeter with hasselblad

laila_pandolfini

<p>An incident meter with flash metering capability is probaby your best choice for studio use. One of the Sekonic meters would be a good choice. I have an L-508 which also has a reflective spot meter. An L-348 would suffice if you don't need that feature.</p>

I'll mention the third of the top three meter manufacturers: Gossen.<br>Gossen doesn't make a meter that isn't excellent, so which one of theirs to get depends entirely on what features you'd like and your budget.<br>The same goes for the other two, so you can pick one without much worries about quality. But as far as i am aware, Minolta does not make meters anymore, so to get a Minolta would mean buying used.

<p>Minolta sold its meter division to Kenko at the same time it sold its camera business to Sony. Same old Minolta meters are still available new under the Kenko brand name. But only the latest models. Flashmeter VI, colour meter and maybe one more (Spotmeter?).</p>

<p>I cheat and don't use a lightmeter, I use my little digital p&S to act as my Polaroid back and meter.<br>

I was looking into getting a pentax spot meter again, but the silly thing is they are overpriced and large and totally obsolete. why spend a couple hundred on a meter when you can just buy a p&s that has spot, center weighted, histogram, and full color preview of the shot? <br>

Yes, some people say calibration is different but with 1 roll of 120 you can just calibrate your camera, for me it is about 1/3 stop or less in some bright days on a mountain. <br>

maybe 1 out of 12 shots is slightly off for me, usually images with strong backlighting or super closeups but only sometimes. <br>

what makes me faster is if I guess what the exposure is going to be and it seems to sharpen my eye in regards to pre setting the apt. and shutter speed on my bronica.</p>