Leses compatable with Mamiya 645

edward_feltman

I'm not aware of any other manufacturer's lenses being available in the M645 mount - you can get adaptors to use other lenses on it, of which the Pentacon 6 adaptor would allow you access to cheap East German and Russian lenses. Otherwise, it's just Mamiya lenses - which isn't so bad!

There are independant teleconvertors available, though. But not much use with the 45mm!

Zeiss Jena DDR made 50mm/f4 lenses for Pentacon 6. Three versions: silver (non-coated), zebra/striped (single-coated), all black (multi-coated). You can find all-black ones used for around $150-$300 (I paid $150 for mine after a couple of months of search and patience). It's one the best recognized lenses made by Zeiss Jena for this format. You also need a small P6-M645 adapter which is about $20-$40. Make sure to get a high quality one (like the ones made by DVDTech). This combo works perfectly on my M645 1000s.

Hartblei makes 45mm tilt/shift lenses for P6 mount as well as M645 mount, I think (see www.Hartblei.com for more info). Price is much higher at around $500-$800. It is the reworked version of Arsat lenses made by Aresonl factory.

Please note that you will be metering in the stop-down mode with P6 mount converter. You'll easily get used to it.