Samsung nx

russel_yee

<p>Howdy, I'm pretty sure at least one person on this forum has one (Mis?) and this is just where i post so... was wondering about the firmware updates on the nx-10, I've read that there is a magnification for live view in an update (but i can't find that anywhere else) and I also read that you can turn on and off the eye controls for the EVF and screen, anyone know if these things are true?</p>

<p>oh also, just found a blog that says he's had the NX-11 for a while and it has sony's panorama mode now, but not much else new.</p>

<p>musicphotolife@blogspot if you're interested.</p>

<p>Not sure if Mis owns the NX10, he was testing it for his blog for a long time. I know he liked it a lot.</p>

<p>With Samsung's history with Pentax, I don't have an issue with Samsung stuff being on here provided it doesn't get out of control.</p>

<p>Can't answer your questions specifically, but Samsung doesn't have a great history with firmware updates on it's hardware. I hope the NX series disproves this statement but generally speaking this seems to be the way samsung operates.</p>

<p>I'd recommend checking you have the latest firmware and installing it if you don't. I never understood why people don't want to install firmware. It's like Christmas (or whatever holiday is like Christmas for you) when I get a new firmware or software update for free. Heck, the first thing I do when I get something is check the firmware!</p>

<p>thanks justin, I don't have one, so I can't check the firmware and it could be just me, but the samsung site doesn't inspire much confidence, in that I can't figure out what the firmware does other than a couple of big changes.<br>

yeah, I know it's not pentax, but I couldn't think of a better spot for it, m4/3 would probably just tell me to buy a E-pl2. Besides, if no one answers, is a post really there =) and I would try and make the nx a home for my 21 and 43!</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>So am I the Samsung guy now? :-)</p>

<p>Russell, I had the NX10 for while on loan from B&H for a review. I would suggest you go to my site and search "NX10 review" and read it (there are 2 parts). I would link directly but the powers that be don't approve of it. Some of your questions will be answered, but I didn't have the very latest firmware installed (it hadn't been released back then) so some newer features might not appear in my review.</p>

<p>The NX11 is identical in firmware and hardware except for the panorama mode and the slightly different grip. The Sensor is exactly the same. You can find NX10's for very cheap right now, and if you don't need FPS, it's a nice street cam with the lovely 30mm f/2 pancake.</p>

<p>As for posting Samsung stuff here, I asked the powers that be some months ago if they were going to add a Samsung forum, and the answer was something to the effect of "if there's a demand, we'll do it". Until that demand materialises, one never knows where to ask about Samsung NX stuff.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Samsung has <a href="http://www.dpreview.com/news/1104/11041905nxfirmware.asp">updated the NX10's firmware</a> to include Panorama Shot; it also improves low-light AF (amongst other stuff).So apart from the grip, there is now no difference between the NX10 and NX11. Now if only they would add ISO 6400...</p>

<p>Not bad, new firmware for a camera that is over a year old and already has a successor on the market (though not the US market!).</p>