Epson 4900 Stylus Pro printer--table recommendations?

<p>I use two Galant desks, also from Ikea. One has the Alex cabinet underneath for paper storage, and on top is my Epson 3800, a Nikon 9000 scanner and a Microtek 1800f scanner. The other holds my Mac Pro tower, keyboard and 24 inch monitor, as well as a stacked stereo and Epson 1280 for document printing. The desks are sturdy and pretty reasonably priced. I'm pretty certain even a beast like the 4900 would fit a Galant, check out the measurements.<br>

Good luck.</p>

<p>anything that dont shake too much when you touch it will do ; )</p>

<p>if you want something make for it, epson use to sell a print cart for around 400$ that is a perfect fit for the 4800/4900 and have tablet with door under to store your paper.</p>

<p>Just remember its 85pound.. so whatever you buy, make sure it can support the weight.</p>

<p>Not only is it 115 pounds, but it's 30" X 34" (16" high). Staples just sent out some coupons for 20% off furniture, so I'm thinking maybe something like this: <a href="http://www.staples.com/basyx-Table-Top-T-Leg-Base-for-30-Deep-Tops/product_728571?cmArea=SEARCH">http://www.staples.com/basyx-Table-Top-T-Leg-Base-for-30-Deep-Tops/product_728571?cmArea=SEARCH</a> with either a 5 or 6-foot top. Thanks for all your suggestions.</p>

<p>Thanks again for the many fine suggestions. I like your setup, Ben--very well thought out. I considered a lot of possibilities (even this, from Rubbermaid: <a href="http://www.buyonlinenow.com/viewitemsAct.asp?classlabel=QRCA&manufactlabel=3100172&SKU=RCP4525BEI&gb=1?utm_source=GoDataFeed&utm_medium=ShoppingEngine&utm_campaign=Pricegrabber&gdftrk=gdfV21806_a_7c173_a_7c392_a_7cRCP4525BEI">http://www.buyonlinenow.com/viewitemsAct.asp?classlabel=QRCA&manufactlabel=3100172&SKU=RCP4525BEI&gb=1?utm_source=GoDataFeed&utm_medium=ShoppingEngine&utm_campaign=Pricegrabber&gdftrk=gdfV21806_a_7c173_a_7c392_a_7cRCP4525BEI</a>, though some of them were ruled out by the size and weight of the 4900. I eventually went with the 30x60 basyx table from Staples, which comes with both glides and casters (equal height) and which doesn't have the braces common to folding tables, which would limit under-table storage.</p>

• 9 months later...

<p>I have a sturdy double file cabinet that I had reinforced so that it's very solid.<br>

I was warned that vibration harm the print heads and the printer.<br>

Following recommendation for a stand on casters, which makes sense if you ever want to move this "monster", I had high quality casters with breaks installed. Now, the unit is not as stable - it shakes a little.<br>

I am lost; I can't bring my 4900 home and enjoy it until I resolve this issue.<br />I would appreciate your input! Thanks a lot, Sofi</p>

<p>I have a sturdy double file cabinet that I had reinforced so that it's very solid.<br>

I was warned that vibration might harm the print heads and the printer.<br>

Following recommendation for a stand on casters, which makes sense if you ever want to move this "monster", I had high quality casters with breaks installed. Now, the unit is not as stable - it shakes a little.<br>

I am lost; I can't bring my 4900 home and enjoy it until I resolve this issue.<br />I would appreciate your input! Thanks a lot, Sofi</p>

<p>Of the table I had ordered from Staples, only the top half arrived at the store, and, incredibly, Staples couldn't be confident that it could ever guarantee delivery of the rest! So I cancelled the Staples order and got a five-foot long table from another source, which unfortunately I can't remember now. You can use either casters or slider feet; I chose the latter, and the table seems quite stable.</p>