Has anyone had their Minolta CLE repaired with XG parts?

m_m3

<p>from cameraquest: CLE repairs are no longer available from Minolta USA, although some Minolta offices worldwide may still have parts. The CLE shutter, meter readout, and shutter release are based upon Minolta's XG series. Keep in mind not a lot of CLE's were made. Your local independent repairman may say they can't work on them simply because they never have before. Ask them if they can repair XG's. IF they can, they can probably repair the CLE too! Keeping a few XG parts bodies is a wise decision. The biggest problem long term is the lack of replacement CLE circuit boards. <br>

<p>

<p><strong>"keeping a few XG parts bodies is a wise decision" - is it?</strong></p>

</p>

</p>

<p><strong>Very few</strong> components cross over directly. The major parts & assemblies are completely different.</p>

<p>Now, it's a different story for <strong>small & individual parts</strong>:<br>

I once utilized the Auto dial "stop" of an XG; which still had to be modified slightly in order for the Auto dial lock on the CLE to work again. </p>

<p>So, if you do own a Minolta CLE, it isn't a bad idea to at least have one of these <strong>dirt cheap</strong> XG bodies hanging around.<br>

Small duty but sometimes helpful parts. (Shutter button, speed dial, trim ring, plastic stop, etc. etc.) </p>

• 1 year later...
<p>Yes, I had a clean and adjustment on my CLE about 7 years ago. One of the things they did was clean the contacts for the self-timer as these can malfunction over time and it only requires a cleaning on the contacts to fix it. They also replaced the foam around the back to prevent light leaks. But what they did with an XG part was to replace something under the shutter speed dial. The repairman described it to me as brushes under the shutter speed dial and I'm sure he said he replaced those with parts from a Minolta XG camera. If that's correct, then it looks like some parts are interchangeable for the CLE. By the way, no shutter speed problems occurred after the repair from 7 years ago, so it looks like it worked okay. </p>