need a hot shoe Sync that works...

<p>I have just the basic generic hot shoe adapter with PC plug in..sits on top of hot shoe.....it was less than $10...<br>

cord is good and tight....no problem there/......I use the PC tip conditioner...and it runs the studio lights good...no misfires....</p>

<p> but does any one know of 1 that U can really rely on...that doesnt misfire a lot.....I've heard the wien is a good 1....otherwise...the only camera out there in my price range is a canon 30D.....which is a good camera...but<br>

the ones i've seen are very used.....<br>

if I could find a reliable hot Shoe adapter...I could get a much better deal....with lenses....</p>

<p>thanks David G</p>

<p>I use and recommend the Wein SafeSync. It not only does the job as well as the one you've got already, plus it has a test button for test firing the strobes and, more importantly, it regulates the voltage so that your digital camera's electronics aren't damaged by excessive trigger voltage.<br>

You are looking for the second item here:<br>

http://www.weinproducts.com/safesyncs.htm<br>

You might eventually wish to investigate radio triggers, though. There are some reasonably priced units out there--some less expensive than the Safe Sync--and they work well enough, too, and get rid of the irritation of using sync cords.</p>