<p>I recently purchased an Epson 3880 and have been pretty happy with the results so far. I have two questions really. Firstly, when I'm about to print, a messsage appears (Some postscript specific print settings interpolation, calibration, encoding will be ignored since you are printing to a non postscript printer) What does this mean? My monitor is regularly calibrated so I hope this doesn't mean the information is being ignored. secondly, can anyone recommend a paper with a very light sheen for printing landscapes. I already make prints with Hahnemuhle and other fine art papers but would like a basic type ultra smooth semi gloss/matte preferably 240-330gsm, the only problem is I dont like the high gloss or satin and pearl papers for this.<br>

Thanks very much for any help,</p>

<p>regards, Dave.</p>

<p>Try Ilford Gold Fiber Silk. It's the most popular of the sort of paper you're after in two B&W print exchanges. The "silk" in the name is misleading. There's faint texture but it's not like fabric. I don't think you'll get what you want without baryta coating. </p>

<p><strong><em>Some postscript specific print settings interpolation, calibration, encoding will be ignored since you are printing to a non postscript printer. What does this mean?</em></strong></p>

<p>it mean that you dont have a postscript printer. normal. A RIP or a laser printer is a postscript device... to know what that mean, use google ; )</p>

<p>Just click the little white box under the message next time it appear.</p>

<p><strong><em>What does this mean? My monitor is regularly calibrated so I hope this doesn't mean the information is being ignored.</em></strong></p>

<p>nothing to do with that at all. you are fine.</p>

<p> </p>