D300s remote trigger to start movie taking

laurent1

<p>Hello erveryone,</p>

<p>I am the happy owner of a Nikon d300s. I think it is quite akward to start the movie recording due to the position of the button that has to be triggered. Is there any way to use a remote trigger to activate this feature ? My intention is to modify an old pistol grip.<br>

Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>Laurent</p>

<p>Anything available in the camera, video or not, can be started from the 10 pin control socket on your D300S.<br>

Make sure your "old pistol grip" has proper electric switches, a battery operating power supply, and logic circuit to operate the Nikon 10 pin control signals.</p>

<p>Rather than your grip, you will have better chance with inexpensive Oriental made remote radio triggers, or brand name trigers like Pocket Wizard.</p>

<p>Thank you Frank for your response.<br>

Which device would you advise ?<br>

I guess that the mc-30 trigger will only shoot a picture. Or is it possible to configure the camera so that another option is activated ?<br>

I haven't found any response in the manual.<br>

Thanks<br>

Laurent</p>

<p>I tried my old release cord and there is no way to start the video.<br>

Perhaps it is not possible with cords that were designed well before any video was implemented in a DSLR.<br>

I think Nikon eventualy could implement video control into the 10 pin control socket, but perhaps not yet.<br>

Perhaps looking into Nikon camera control software and the USB port could be last thing to do, but the released software is quite old.<br>

Possibly someone knows ?</p>