Nikon D200 + Nissin Di622 + Nissin Di622 MkII

juhofoto

<p>Hey guys!<br>

I own Nikon D200 and Nissin Di622, which I've used for getting some extra light and practicing some strobism. <br />I've thought about having another small flash for practicing even more, but there are some questionmarks about my understanding of syncing flashes, so...<br>

I would like to first try to cope without any radio triggers and saw this review about <a href="http://speedlights.net/2010/12/22/nissin-di622-ii-review/">Nissin Di622 MkII</a>. <br />Did I understand correctly that with the new MKII would be able to use as a second wireless slave with my older Di622? <br />And is it possible to sync the two flashes with my built-in flash of D200? <br />And what about having 2x Di622 MkI, will they sync together also?<br>

Regards,<br>

Juho</p>

<p>Does your Di622 work as a CLS slave with the D200 pop-up flash set in commander mode? If it doesn't work as a slave there is little to no chance that it (the old Di6222) would work as a master. I just read a review at http://www.modsynergy.com/review187.html that seems to indicate the Di622 MkI will work as a CLS remote.The review you reference seems to indicate that the remote capability is new with the MkII unit.<br>

Try the original Di622 as a slave, if it does not work then you would need two of the Di622 MkII units to have two slave flashes to the D200 pop-up in commander mode.<br>

If you have flashes that work as CLS remotes the D200 will control two groups of flash units. I have used both SB-600s (2) and SB-800s (2) as slaves (two in each group) to the D200 pop-up flash in commander mode.</p>