Nikon Coolscan LS50 and LS5000 banding issue

<p>On a recently purchased LS50 and LS5000 I'm getting, on some frames, a banding down the edge of the frame, not on all. Its more pronounced on the LS5000. I'm using Vuescan. 48bitRGB. It was the third frame along a strip of four. There was slight banding on the right side as well but to a lot lesser extent. The film was flat and not curled at all and I used the SA-21 film adapter.<br>

I've scanned the frame/s on an Epson 3200 and see no banding, so its not the negs.<br /> Anyone with similar issues, or any ideas?<br /> Thanks Geoff</p><div>00YGof-334787584.jpg.0b13083b00ed8fb8b12b3f95a6b84f44.jpg</div>

<p>Geoff: The fact you don not see the banding in the Epson is no indication is not in the film. The Epson lacks the resolution to show the banding. The Epson has a resolution of only around 2000 PPI. Bonding can occur when you have extraneous light you have to mask open areas so that you have no other light than the scanned area and the banding might disappear, if it is on the negative as might well be the case, of ofcourse not.<br>

dmax</p>

<p>Dan, I don't think its the film (scanned @2400)- I did another test and turned frame 3 around in the SA-21 and the banding moves to the other side. I also scanned it with the FH-3 holder and the banding is almost gone. I posted the full images here on my flickr site:<br>

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffnik/<br>

Yesterday afternoon I borrowed another LS5000 and scanned the same frame and the results were exactly the same!<br>

I also scanned using NikonScan with identical results.<br>

I also scanned with the front of the scanner covered over to stop any potential light entering but it was the same.<br>

It seems to be on random frames from different types of film shot with different cameras.</p>

<p> </p><div>00YHTx-335141584.jpg.0e7eac2629d4f702debbece72df8623a.jpg</div>