What would you pay for this Rolleiflex?

cabledetached

<p>I have the opportunity to buy a Rolleiflex from a friend. It's a 3.5E Type1 with the Planar lens. Cosmetically, it's in decent shape, with a few minor scratches. The meter is busted, but that's par for the course. The focusing knob is a bit stiff, but the action is smooth and focusing is accurate. The lenses are clean and in good shape. The part of the take-up spool know that extends into the camera to hold the spool in place has been replaced with a machined screw (the original was bent). He is offering to include a UV filter and lens hood. I shot 4 rolls with it the other day and like the results.<br>

In your opinion, what would be a reasonable price range for this camera, given the above information? I've checked the closed listings on ebay as well as the Rollei pricing guide on antiquecameras; just looking for additional opinions.<br>

Cheers</p>

<p>KEH Used Cameras is listing a Bay 1, f3.5 Planar Rollei TLR for $499, in bargain condition. I think their prices are pretty close to what the market would reasonably bear. Lately, everything I have seen on ebay has been horribly inflated and no way would I pay those prices.</p>

<p>The camera probably needs some cleaning and lubricant for the knobs. Have you looked for fungus in the lenses? It sounds like you have, but if there is fungus, it would take more cleaning work to remove it. I would base my price on the condition of the camera thinking about what it might cost to overhaul if that becomes necessary. I am guessing that $400-$550 would be more than fair given the screw replacement and the extras he's adding. I doubt he'd get more than $500 from anyone for the camera alone given the screw replacement and broken meter.</p>

<p>I'm curious what everyone else thinks. </p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I'd stay towards the $300 with a broken meter in user condition... towards the $500 range if it were in great condition with a functional meter.<br>

I just paid $825 for a fully CLAed 3.5F Planar, 100% mechanically sound with even a fully-functional meter. It's a user's camera with some light wear and tear, but it's beautiful.<br>

<a href=" Seeing double.

• 4 weeks later...