Anastasia, Washington Oaks Gardens, St. Augustine - tips?

john_bald

<p>I'd love to hear suggestions for a few spots around St. Augustine FL (in add'n to posts already in this forum). I'll be going mid-March for 3 days of P+R (photography and relaxation). First time in SA.<br>

Based on what I've heard or read, I'm drawn to these locations:<br>

ANASTASIA STATE PARK<br />Any suggestions for seascape locations?<br>

WASHINGTON OAKS GARDENS STATE PARK (south of SA)<br />Coquina formations on the beach side early morning, also the gardens of course, especially if cloudy. Would the seawall (Matanzas River) be a good site for sunset?<br>

ALLIGATOR FARM / zOOLOGICAL PARK<br />Ideal time of day?<br>

DOWNTOWN SA<br />Any favorite neighborhoods or streets with interesting architecture?<br>

<strong>All suggestions welcome - thank you!</strong><br />John Bald<br /><a href="http://www.johnbald.net/gallery">www.johnbald.net/gallery</a></p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Washington Oaks Gardens State Park is photogenic, I spent many hours there. The formal garden is beautiful, not huge but quite nice.<br>

The other part of the park is the piece of land on the ocean shore, and it includes the weirdly shaped coquina rock formations. Tip: there's a good public parking lot immediately south of Marineland.<br>

Here's an <a href=" Coquina Rocks on Beach under Dark Clouds, Palm Coast, Florida (4455) of the coquina rocks</a>. And one of <a href=" Koi Pond, Washington Oaks Gardens State Park, Palm Coast, Florida (4420) formal garden</a>.<br>

Click here for the <a href="http://www.floridastateparks.org/washingtonoaks/">park website</a>.</p>