Mamiya TLR 80mm f2.8 shutter repair manual ???

jerry_kooyman

<p>Does anyone have a repair manual of the mamiya TLR lenses.<br />I have a Mamiya TLR 80mm 2.8. The shutter runs too slow and is because of the old sticky oil I think.<br />The shutterblades and apertureblades it selfs are OK. It's the gear inside who makes the right shuttertime.<br /><br />I want to make it open by myself and clean it.<br />To bring it to a store is too expensive for me.<br /> Please can anyone help me?<br /> Thanks!<br />Jerry</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Jerry,<br>

if you do decide to work on the shutter yourself be aware that the common mistake made on that shutter is to reinstall the slow speed escapement with the drive pawl on top of the shutter drive spring lever. If you don't pull the drive pawl back to clear the shutter drive spring lever and you tighten the slow speed escapement down you will break the pawl. There are no new parts available from Mamiya. It is very simple to pull the pawl back but it is amazing how many shutters I seen where the owner did not do this. <br>

The other cause for slow running could be oil/grease on the shutter blades. It is quite easy to remove the barrel of the shutter and clean/polish the shutter blades and the area where the shutter blades ride. Reinstalling the shutter blades is easy if you thread one of the lens groups into the shutter barrel with a small piece of rubber eraser (or anything soft, even a piece of cotton will work) setting on the inner surface of the lens so that the rubber eraser just touches the bottom side of the blade. Then when you reinstall the shutter blades they will rest on the rubber eraser instead of falling down. Or you can remove the shutter blade bull ring return spring and have the shutter in the open position, then the blades will sit on the shutter body instead of over the shutter barrel opening. I prefer the rubber eraser method because the lens group also acts like a small stand for the shutter barrel.<br>

karl</p>