Custom Logo on Physical Prints

slimbob_willy

<p>Hi!</p>

<p>I've lately been taking many portraits and use a printer like Mpix and Adoramapix. I'm looking to put a custom logo in the corner. Something subtle, but will at least identify my work.<br>

Uploading a photo and then selecting various sized prints of course can chop my logo in half or even crop it entirely off. What are my options? Do I need to manually upload different images for different sized prints so that the logo is visible. I'm thinking other larger photo businesses that do their own printing just stamp the logo after it's printed (for instance Olan Mills).<br>

Do any of you include a logo/name on physical prints?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Do any of you include a logo/name on physical prints?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I do not, never have and there are many agencies which will not use images which have been bannered in any way.</p>

<p>For customers I am particularly fond of I sign and date the back.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><br /></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Why not up the game a little by mounting each of your prints and affixing a certificate of authenticity to the back? At least on images larger than 8x10. I find for web promotion putting a logo or watermark is a way of moving business your way, and of keeping your work out of someone else's portfolio, however, on a finished print I think it looks a little tacky. Mounting the prints is inexpensive, makes them look better and last longer, so its just a little quality quirk of mine and the few extra dollars could easily be passed onto the client.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>On my low volume work I created a custom brush in PS and use the eyedropper to select a color from the image so it's very subtle. I do this on 8x10 and larger. I also do this on 5x7 format separate from 8x10 format images to avoid the cutting off problem you described. <br>

On my high volume work my lab backprints and I add a phone #(which is also on my low volume work)<br>

To create a custom logo brush just open a blank canvas and add your type , or add your cut out logo on it's own layer. Then go to Edit>define brush preset</p>