Nikon D7000 body only in stock at B&H Photo

photo5

<p>This is the first time I've ever seen it in stock at B&H Photo. And combined with rebates on certain Nikon lenses this can be a pretty good deal if you've been waiting to buy the D7000. I'm sticking with my trusty old out of date inferior D300 for now, but if I were still shooting with my D80 I'd surely consider the D7000!</p>

<p>Supply for the D7000 has never been that serious an issue. Initially one might have to wait a couple of weeks, but as long as you are willing to look around, you can find one fairly quickly. The main problem is that a lot of people order from the few large mail-order stores such as Amazon, B&H, Adorama, etc. and the wait is typically much longer with them.</p>

<p>In my case I had to wait a couple of weeks because my local store's first order from Nikon was stolen (the store assured me that was a true story); as soon as the 2nd shipment came in, I got mine.</p>

<p>Some of you may recall that Dave Lee once pre-ordered a D7000 last September before it was released: <a href="00XKaK">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00XKaK</a><br>

Unfortunately that did not materialize as he cancelled the order.</p>

<p>It's physically smaller (I have big hands) and it has the D90/D300 type prism/eyepiece, which isn't as comfortable as the D3/D700 eyepieces (I wear glasses). Even though the D7000 is chocked full of Nikon technology and image goodness, the "prosumer" industrial design leaves me wanting.</p>

<p>"squinty finder" I had reservations about getting a new DX body just for this reason. I find the D7000's finder large and bright, and is certainly better than I had expected, and much improved over the older DX bodies I have owned previously. Don't knock it until you have tried it!</p>

• 2 weeks later...