5D mark2 high ISO

chiny_t

<p>It all depends if you are going to crop or not. Have used 6400 doing a shoot for the company I work for in low light, mostly mechanical rooms during equipment upgrades. The results are quite good, they are not going to be on the cover of Nat'l Geo but good enough print for a article in some industrial magazine.<br>

Mike</p>

<p>Make test prints, and see what you think. I think my large prints from the 5DII at ISO 1600 look really good. I shoot at ISO 3200 all the time, but for prints much larger than 12"x18" I would rather be at 1600. I think it depend a lot on the subject matter, how it was lit, the feelings you are trying to evoke, etc.... It also sort of depends on what you are comparing it to. To my eyes large prints from the 5DII at ISO 3200 look absolutely amazing when hung next to large prints from ISO 1600 to 3200 35mm or medium format film.</p>

<p>At 20x30 ISO 1600 is quite acceptable - some detail loss compared to lower ISO but still very usable. ISO 3200 can be used at a push, I would personally find ISO 6400 unacceptable. You need to remember that what is acceptable is a function of the what the photographer is prepared to accept.</p>