Film Holders are not recgnized on the Nikon Coolscan 8000

<p>I just picked up a used Nikon LS-8000 ED film scanner and am having a problem with it. I have both Nikon Scan 4 and Vuescan installed on my PC. When I start the programs and the scanner, the programs recognize the scanner, however when I insert any of the 3 Nikon Film Holders, I get an error saying that 'the film holder is the wrong type' (on Nikon Scan 4) or 'You are not ready to scan as there is no film in the scanner' (on Vue Scan)<br>

I have tried restarting, rebooting, reloading - all of that multiple times and to no avail<br>

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?</p>

<p>I had this problem occur with my LS-9000 using Nikon Scan 4.02 on an XP system, but have not had this problem with Nikon Scan 4.03 on my Windows 7 64 bit system. I don't remember exactly what I did, but have the following recommendations.</p>

<p>Did you start things correctly? Nikon says you need to wait until the scanner completes it's self check before you open Nikon Scan. When you turn on the scanner, the green light starts flashing. When the green light is on continuous it's completed the self check and you can open Nikon Scan. </p>

<p>I had seversl problems that required me to uninstall and reinstall Nikon Scan to resolve the problem. If this does not resolve the problem, then do a complete uninstall of Nikon Scan and reinstall. You do this by uninstalling Nikon Scan (it's very important you do this before the next step is run). Next run RegSweeper.exe (located in the Utilities folder of Nikon Scan), this will remove all remaning files that were generated when you installed Nikon Scan. If you run RegSweeper.exe without uninstalling Nikon Scan, you will have a very difficult time uninstalling and reinstalling Nikon Scan. This has resolved every problem I had with Nikon Scan. </p>

<p>Good luck. </p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...