PRO back on a PROII

noah_bolanowski

<p>Not always. I have had problems with this in the past. <br /> The advancement drive union on a RZ Pro, has a four (4) cog, or raised boss interface, the ProII has a two (2) cog/boss interface. There are times when the drive of a ProII body, will not properly engage the receiver of the Pro back, until you re-seat/re-install the back. In other words, sometimes you have to futz with it.<br /> I've never had a problem with the reverse; putting a ProII back, onto a Pro body. ProII backs are rumored to have stronger build quality to their internal drive components. Try to acquire ProII backs.</p>

<p>The build quality of the Pro backs is actually better than the Pro II. More metal (the door, which is metal on Pro, but plastic on Pro II) and overall quality in general is better on the pro (I) back. The grippy areas on the Pro I back is better than on the Pro II also. </p>

<p>The Pro I has foam(?) light seals, while the Pro II backs use a different method w/o foam. That said the foam seems to last forever on the I backs, I haven't had to replace it yet on mine.</p>

<p>-Ed</p>

I have two film backs for my RZ. One is a pro and the other a Pro 2. The latter works better I think and rarely do I

have any problems with it. As a matter of fact I've never had a problem with it as opposed to the older one which has

been in the shop a few times. I also use a digital back with my RZ so there's a lot of changing back and forth.

As far as foam goes, I'll have to check and see what the differences are.

Cheers