Anyone use this blimp?

mike_gendimenico

<p>Yeah, I've seen plans for Dave's homemade one, but it has a lot of shortcomings (like non-adjustable zoom) and I don't have the time or facility to make it anyway. The Jacobson is the standard and does the job, but the two button shutter setup stinks and they haven't bothered to do any updates for digital cameras, so have been eyeing up the Aussie version as an alternative. (I've been borrowing or renting Jacobson's as needed)</p>

• 4 weeks later...
<p>For completeness, there are some new blimps (announced weeks after this thread started) that look very promising, chiefly because the camera controls seem excellent. Here <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/756103-REG/Aqua_Tech_1043_SOUND_BLIMP_f_NIKON_D_300S_D_7000_D_90.html"><strong>is one link</strong></a>. There are other versions, for the D3 and D3s, etc. It makes sense to me that a company that makes underwater housings might also be good at making blimps -- sealing off the the air paths is one of the important characteristics of a good blimp.</p>