Which quick release for Hy6?

graham_mitchell

<p>I just ordered a Hy6 camera and have no tripod mounting system for it yet. I read that the base of the Hy6 incorporates a QR baseplate, which is a nice feature. The question is, which quick release systems does this work with? Has anyone tried several systems and can recommend one above the others? The only one I know of so far is the Novoflex Q-BASE (or the manual version, the Q-MOUNT). Has anyone tried this system?<br>

I must say, I like the idea of the built-in plate - it removes one possible source of instability.</p>

<p>First congrats on ordering the Hy6! When I was looking at getting either the 6008AF or HY6 a few months ago I ran across a few sites that had info about your 6008AF + Sinar setup, so it's great to hear you're stepping up to the Hy6.</p>

<p>I actually did not realize that the bottom plate on the Hy6 fits into a QR system. I will try to take a look tonight at mine to see which one it works with, or at the very least take a photo of it and post it online for you. I haven't had much time to experiment with mine on a tripod yet, but am glad to hear that the plate on the bottom was designed for a QR system.</p>

<p>The Hy6 brochure I just looked at specifically states that the bottom plate is designed to work with the Novoflex Q-BASE, so I might as well get that and be sure it works.<br>

I spoke to another Hy6 user and he wasn't aware of the existence of the QR plate either. Seems to be a well-kept secret :)</p>

<p>I did not know about it either...but it makes sense. The Hasselblads have this, and so does the 6008af (or at least it has something like it. I just used a standard 1/4 inch really right stuff mounting plate for arca swiss style. This worked very well, but it did not allow the camera to sit completely flat. The grip got in the way of that anyway, so it never bothered me. </p>

<p>Hi, I have 2 Hy6 and i can confirm that the bottom is flat with 2 standard screw sockets. i have the Q-base permanently attached but theoretically any system would work.<br>

<a href="http://www.rolleiflexpages.com/Hy6.html">http://www.rolleiflexpages.com/Hy6.html</a> <br>

scroll to the bottom of this page and download the brochure, go to page 10 and you can find a picture of the bottom of the camera.<br>

Cheers.<br>

Tak</p>

<p>Congratulations on your purchase, Graham.</p>

<p>On my Hy6, I am using the <a href="http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=MPR-73&type=0">RRS MPR-73 plate</a>--it has two safety stops to prevent the camera from sliding out of a clamp, as well as two attachment screws for a secure attachment, which also prevent twisting of the plate relative to the camera body.</p>

<p><br /> Best regards,<br /> -Brad</p>

<p>Graham --<br>

I've been using the Novoflex Q-Base plate on my AFi for several months. It eliminates the need for a separate plate, locks securely, and mounts easily on a 3/8" tripod thread. However, it's heavy, sometimes difficult to release, and I've caught myself attaching the Q-base to an Arca plate so that I could use the camera with a standard Arca-mount head.<br>

I've therefore decided to move to a simple Arca-Swiss plate, which I have on order: Arca-Swiss #802232; should attach securely to both the 1/4" and the 3/8" mount points on the camera base so it won't twist.<br>

Dave.</p>

<p>graham<br>

I tried the q mount on my hy6 does not work you have to use the q base which I ordered to try out I returned the q mount. I also have the rrs plate mpr 73 which works very well but wanted to try the q base as well<br>

I should have it tuesday and will let you know what I think<br>

steven</p>

<p> </p>