CS4 Raw images to DNG

Hi fellow digital experts.

I have a new camera. the 5D mk.3 and I'm using Photoshop CS4. Well CS4 won't open the RAW files from weddings. I heard that

you can open the RAW files as DNG files. But how?

I downloaded the Adobe DNG file from the Adobe site, then opened CS4 Bridge, but what do I do now? I open all of the batch

RAW files in Bridge but where/how do I find DNG to open the RAW files? Is there a way to save all of the RAW batch files to DNG

somehow?

Thanks in advance! Have a great weekend!

Bob

<p>I don't think DNG converter connects with CS4/Bridge. It's a very standalone application. I use DNG converter on import of my images: Start DNG converter, select the file on SD card and store the converted DNGs to the harddrive. Alternatively, select the files to be converted on SD/CF card and move them with the mouse to the DNG converter icon: DNG converter will open and after you make the right settings the images are converted to DNG and stored on the harddisk.</p>

<p>Adobe DNG converter can be used to batch convert all raw files in a folder and save the DNGs to the same folder as the original raw files, or a subfolder. Then you can edit the DNGs in your editor. </p>

<p>I use this occasionally to edit Fuji X-system raw files in Lightroom 4.4, which doesn't support Fuji RAFs. With Lightroom, the Import and/or Sync options will add the DNGs and show an error message on the RAFs, which I just ignore. The raw files aren't affected, they just aren't added to the LR catalog.</p>

<p>After you launch Bridge, select download from camera in the File menu. Find the check box 'Convert to dng' in that dialog box and make sure it's checked. Finally, make sure that the version of Camera Raw you have installed supports your camera. Also, check in Bridge Edit -> Preferences -> File Type Associations and make sure that dng file type is set to Photoshop CS4. That way after opening a thumbnail in Bridge, double clicking on it will open Photoshop but not load the file until one more click.</p>