Sekonic L-358 problem

orcama60

<p>Guys, thank in advance for all of your help. I just received my Sekonic L-358 and it is not firing my SB-800 when using the sync cord. I do believe I am doing everything according to the manual instructions, and this is what I did : <br>

- I chose the mode : electric volt with the C in the flash meter<br>

- I did setup my shutter speed in the flash meter<br>

- connnected the sync cord; one end on the flash meter and the other in the SB-800. <br>

- setup my speed / ISO in my camera according to what I previously setup in my flash meter<br>

- turn on my SB-800 and chose M ( manual ) <br>

- pointed the flash meter to my strobe and tried to trigger the flash by pushing the measure bottom ... the flash does not fire up. What I am doing wrong ? Could you please help ?</p>

<p>Matt, I have not try that but I will tomorrow. B, this cable looks weird, because it does have 3 ends, one to be hook up to the flash meter and two more for two different strobes, but one of the ends does not fit either in the SB-800 and / or the D300. Perhaps I got the wrong cable and I will check it out tomorrow. Leigh, my flash meter was in wired mode when I try it. If it is in ambient, it won't fire the flash, of course. </p>

<p>I do have a question, if the SB-800 is on the camera, do I have to plug the cable into the sync terminal in the camera or the SB-800 ? I think if the SB-800 is off the camera, then the sync cord must be plugged in to the SB-800, is this right ? </p>

<p>Depending on flash mode, the PC sync socket on the SB800 flash could get disabled when flash is not in the camera hot shoe, and this is normal, but some do not like it. It is to protect the CLS automation estimates, and disable other non-CLS flashes if attempted to get triggered via PC socket of a remote SB800. </p>

<p>If PC socket is disabled on the SB800, so you need to try socket on your camera and connect other remote wired flashes, or triggered via radio transmitter connected there.</p>

<p> </p>