Adobe Lens Profiles

ghuczek

<p>I opened Adobe Lens Profile Downloader 1.0 to see what profiles are available for Leica lenses to use in Lightroom. There are profiles for Canon, Nikon, etc., but not a single one for Leica lenses.<br>

Are there profiles available anywhere for M lenses?</p>

<p>Well, they don't really need them, at least not in most cases. And not many people use Leica lenses compared to the other makers. I would imagine that if they ever do them, they will wait until all the Canon and Nikon are done, then take care of Olympus, Pentax and Sony, and then maybe they will get to Leica and Zeiss. You could always make them yourself...there is a tutorial that comes with the Lens Profiler software...I don't think it would be worth the time though! </p>

<p>"What's this? Digital replication of lens delineation character?"<br>

I don't understand this last comment ay all -- perhaps it was intended to be tongue-in-cheek.<br>

I'm interested in available profiles especially for the wide angle lenses, to correct for vignetting. With Leica lenses there isn't much concern about chromatic aberration and distortion for my lenses; newer lenses handle these aberrations much better.<br>

I suppose, as Stuart mentioned, I might just have to create my own profiles. It is not too difficult, but time consuming. Isn't there anyplace where users can share their Leica lens profiles with others, so everyone doesn't have to do this from scratch?</p>