85mm Vs 135mm (pj wedding)

elliot_kamate

<p> More info re tele-extenders:<br>

The EF85/1.8 will not mount to any of the three, x1.4 Canon Tele-extenders. <br>

IMO, Nadine's comment about the x1.4 tele-extender was referring to it (a Canon Version) being used on the 135/2, only.<br>

On the Wedding Forum quite a few of us have often suggested the package of: 85/1.8; 135/2 and a x1.4 as a Prime Kit; instead of buying any of the 70 to 200/2.8 zoom lenses.</p>

<p>However, I understand there are third party x1.4 tele-extenders <strong><em>which will mount on the EF85/1.8</em></strong>.</p>

<p>WW </p>

<p>For me the choise would be (like a previous poster wrote) the Canon macro 100mm f2.8 L that has very useful Image Stabilizer and you can get very nice macro shots and close-up portraits.<br>

The Canon 135 f2 L could (theoretically) be improved with IS.<br>

This just my personal opinion.</p>

<p>hi,<br>

thank you all for replying :)</p>

<p>Well, since everybody has a different view :) about the two lenses (and a third one... I won't get 100mm because it's 2.8) I'm still a bit perplexed :)</p>

<p>I think I'm gonna buy a 85mm (cheaper) then buy a 135 if only the 85mm is too short (even if I know someone who sells his lens and it could be a good bargain).</p>