Canon pixmapro 9500 Printer

<p>So I just picked one up and want to experiment with it. I'm having a problem with the print heads. I've gone through the cleaning cycles and did a couple of "Deep Cleanings" on it and still prints are coming out goofy. What do you rec? Anyone have this printer? if so how is it?</p>

<p>I have one, purchased new about a year ago, and I love it. Beautiful prints.</p>

<p>The print "heads" are in the ink cartridges. If the printer has been unused for any period of time I would suggest installing a full new set of cartridges, about $120 from Amazon.com.</p>

<p>The instruction manual tells you to run a "shake" cycle every week if the printer is not being used, to keep the ink (actually paint) properly mixed. To do this you turn the printer on, then press the button below the ON button for a few seconds. The printer will sit there and vibrate for about a minute, then stop.</p>

<p>I STRONGLY recommend getting the manual. I believe you can download it.</p>

<p>Absolutely great printer. I hope you like it as much as I do.</p>

<p>- Leigh</p>

<p>I am sorry to contradict Leigh: in this printer the heads ARE NOT in the cartridges. There is a printing head and ten ink cartridges.<br>

If you did a "deep cleaning" with no results run a "Nozzle Check" (you should have done it before the cleaning). Looking at the paper with the result of the nozzle check look which color is not printing properly (you will see white strikes). Replace that, and only that, ink cartridge.<br>

Gonzalo</p>

<p>I have the printer for many years now and love it. I find the weekly stirring of the print cartridges is a must and I agree with the nozzle check/deep cleaning steps. Otherwise never had any permanent issues with the print heads. Could they have been installed incorrectly.</p>