Inside a cafe pix with a K7

george_hickey1

<p>There isn't much going on here so I thought I'd put this up. As some of you may recall I bought a K7 a couple months ago. My first DSLR. Since it's been raining a lot here in Seattle I haven't used it as much as I'd like on the street.<br>

<br />I have used it enough to know that I don't like zoom lenses with multi-apertures so quickly sold the 18-55wr & 50-200wr and now have the three DA pancakes (21,40,70). I was in a cafe today and shot these pix of the staff with the DA40. ISO 400, F2.8 at about 1/8th second. I shot a photo of a menu at 1/8th second and the print is nice and sharp. All images cropped a little and run through Elements quick fix. To most of you guys this is old hat. But for me images this sharp at 1/8th second hand held is amazing</p><div>00Y2Nc-321443584.jpg.a3e9f9e901de18d445870e3e805a83f7.jpg</div>

<p>George, I wouldn't be shy about boosting ISO; these were shot at ISO 400 and there is ample evidence of shake/subject movement--on my K-7 I'd definitely have shot these at ISO 1600 (maybe even 2500) to get that shutter speed up--this would get you 1/30 instead of 1/8.</p>