Hot shoe cover replacement for K7

dugger

<p>Well, B&H claims the hot shoe cover has been discontinued for the K7. Anyone know where I can get an original cover? Anyone get one of the knockoffs out of China on ebay and does it weather seal?<br>

Your help is appreciated!</p>

<p>No need for it. The cover does absolutely nothing, it certainly doesn't weather seal it.</p>

<p>All the external ports on your K-7 and K10/20/K-5 are sealed internally.These include the ports protected by the flimsy rubber covers.</p>

<p>The plastic cover is for impact/scratch protection, though i cannot recall damaging an exposed hotshoe over the years, I'm doubtful the plastic cover would do much to prevent a catastrophic impact.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>All the external ports on your K-7 and K10/20/K-5 are sealed internally.These include the ports protected by the flimsy rubber covers.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Of course this makes sense... just never heard it confirmed before! Thanks all for the replies. FYI, contacted customer service in Colorado and though they're not sure why the cover is no longer offered through their web site, Pentax will be sending me one free of charge. Customer service, it seems, is picking up.</p>