Calibration of Macbook Pro 13" with Spyder 3 Pro

<p>Hello,<br>

I intent to buy a Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro for calibration of my Macbook Pro 13" (mid 2009). This notebook has a glossy screen and I am wondering if this works properly. I could not find information about this topic on this forum or others. Who has experience with this? Does someone has advice about calibration on the Macbook?<br>

Thanks for your time!<br>

Regards, Pim</p>

<p>I have the same calibration software. It doesn't work very well on my MacBook and it's a crap screen anyway. The MacBook Pro's have better screens though. I use my Spyder with my external monitor. The Spyder 3 however is available with a software update to version 4. In 4 are options to get better calibration with Mac monitors.</p>

<p>Hi Jonathan,<br>

Thanks for your response. I was pretty surprised by the quality of my Macbook Pro screen. It is bright and seems to be pretty accurate with colors and contrast (although I first have to calibrate it for accurate photo editing).<br>

Does anyone else has specific experience with the Spyder 3 on glossy (aluminium) MacBook Pro screens?<br>

Regards, Pim</p>

• 5 months later...
<p>It doesn't work... it so frustrating. The screen in the macbook pro 13" is pretty accurate, but mine is lightly magenta... it works well with my external monitor, but haven't found a way of making it work with the macbook pro....... sorry not to offer a solution!</p>