Leica Swiss Army Knife?

<p>I purchased this "Leica" Swiss Army Knife on eBay. The seller does not know if it is a commemorative piece or the genesis or provenance of the knife. The Swiss cross has decorative scroll work surrounding it that is simlar to a royal crest, but it could be nothing more than a decorative addition. The pocket knife appears to be a genuine Wenger Swiss Army knife with Leica inscription in a fancy Wenger presentation box. The box has the same Swiss cross scrollwork surround embossed on the inside suede interior. I've never seen anything like this before.<br>

Can anyone tell me about this knife and whether it has a special significance?</p><div>00Xzdo-318847584.jpg.7e35075ee41767e3039016438e49b2a2.jpg</div>

<p>Nice looking knife, but I doubt there's any special significance. Wenger - and their main competitor Victorinox - make specially marked knives for other companies to use as promotions, token gifts, and so on. I have a similar Victorinox marked Nikon, I picked up at some camera show a number of years ago. Doesn't have that fancy crest though. :-) </p>

<p>I got a smaller swiss knife, a Leica logo baseball cap and a key chain (w/ Leica logo too, of course) all for € 29 after I subscribed to Leica Fotografie International (subscription cost apart).</p>

<p>When I attended Leicaschule at the factory in 1986(school for dealer personnel), the factory offered many items for sale, caps, Swiss Army knives, glass tumblers, highball glasses, leather business card cases, wallets,jackets etc. I still have my Swiss Army knife, Leather business card case and two highball glasses. A commemorative piece would be marked as such--I believe this to be simply promotional mdse.</p>

• 2 weeks later...