Looking to Assist in the San Diego Area

nathan_b

<p>This seemed like a logical place to hang out an offer/request.</p>

<p>I shoot professionally, full time, mostly architecture and portraits, with a blend of available light and fully lit images.</p>

<p>In order to stretch out a bit, I am interested in meeting a few local wedding photog's here, and shooting as a second or even a third this year (2011) a few times. The photog's I know and associate with professionally also do not do weddings, so that's just not in my personal sphere of contacts at the moment. I've been telling people regularly that I do not "do weddings" but I would like to at least know some local wedding photographers well, and be able to tell them who to call, and also be available myself on request.</p>

<p>So that's really a three part thing. Get to know each other, learn something new, and be able to provide solid recommendations if they are appropriate.</p>

<p><strong>Moderator Note:</strong> Nathan--it is against guidelines to link to one's own website a lot, so I've removed the link, and see that you have the website listed on your member page, which is good. However, I suggest making that listing a link. This way, I can keep your thread in the Wedding Assistants archive.</p>

• 1 month later...
<p>are you still interested to Second Shoot?<br /><br />I am a wedding photographer Based in Los Angeles area and I was hoping to find an assistant/second shooter for my upcoming 2011 wedding season. <br />I am looking for someone who is interested in learning wedding photography and gaining some experience. <br /><br />If you interested, please provide some level of a portfolio and list of available gear. <br />After that we could setup a call to discuss in more detail what I am looking for. <br />I have several wedding jobs in San Diego area, SF area, LA and Arizona.. please let me know your area... Thank you so much for your time and hope to talk to you soon.</p>