a found brooch meets my Macro Takumar 50mm F4

markus maurer

<p>I found a brooch yesterday on the floor and before giving it away as present for Lea for her puppets I took a close-up with the Pentax K10D & Macro Takumar 50mm F4 at ISO 100, 1/125 and F11. I had the Pentax AF280T on the left on a cord and the flash grip at an angle and in low manual mode and an Osram SC18 slave on the right, I hope you like the result :-)</p><div>00XxEc-316669684.jpg.5b6dfdf885f9ba7e761073d4b117a73b.jpg</div>

<p>I have contemplated getting one of those macro 50mm Takumar lenses to add to my Tak collection but since I already have a dedicated macro lens (Tamron 90mm) I didn't see much point in getting one. Maybe I should rethink that.</p>

<p>I recently used a M50/4 Macro for some product-shot-type images. Good lenses, especially if you can use live view to focus and don't need to change exposure frequently. I wish Pentax would release an up-to-date 60-70mm macro...I find 100mm a bit long sometimes and suspect the DA35 would often be too short.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I wish Pentax would release an up-to-date 60-70mm macro</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Andrew,<br>

I have the Sigma 70mm f2.8 macro in EOS mount. They also make a K-mount version. While it is on the large size, I think the optical quality is excellent. Right up there with the FA 50mm 2.8 macro. They go fairly cheaply on the used market.</p>

<p>ME</p>

<p>I love my Takumar collection and use it often but in this photo the low tech plastic tupperware bowl for the diffusion of the flash light I forgot to mention might have had a much bigger impact than the lens choice :-) And often, lighting is a lot easier with a longer macro lens like the excellent Tamron 90mm.</p>