d7000 does not work with 50mm 1.8 D

maxmalossini

<p>I know I'm missing something, but right now, when I insert the nikon 55/1.8 D lens, the camera does not let me change the aperture, it stays fixed at 1.8. The meter does work, but only as if f1.8 was chosen as the aperture.<br>

The setting on the lens is on the orange f22, and I even locked it in place. What am I doing wrong?<br>

Thank you,<br>

Max</p>

<p>mine works perfectly<br>

remember to "dial back" the f stop ont he lens to f22 when putting it onto the body<br>

when you then switch on the camera it will automaticall go to f22 then use M or A modes to set you aperture and away you go<br>

Stunning lens I lvoe the shallow deapth of field and use it a lot for portrait shooting it is a real honey</p>

<p>I can't believe it: I didn't see/feel the front dial, next to the shutter release!<br>

That's what you need to rotate to change the aperture, not the main dial, in the back. And I thought I was a detail-oriented, tech-savvy guy...<br>

Well, this is my third day with the d7000, and the d50 didn't have the front dial (not that good of an excuse though:).<br>

Thank you,<br>

Max</p>

<p>My first AF camera was the D200 that I bought about 4 years ago. I had a lot of moments like that as I learned the functions. I just figured it was not broken and went to the manual until I knew what to do. I still have the camera and enjoy it. </p>