OT: Cool bad cameras?

hyatt_lee

To make it a bit more on-topic: I have a medium format SLR with M39 (leica screw mount), a chinese 'GREAT WALL DF-4', which has the same functions and operates like a LTM body with a visoflex. Too bad you can only close-focus LTM lenses since the film-flange distance is much larger. It can even shoot two formats with a mask: 6*6 and 645. But I guess this is the only real feature it has ;-) But nonetheless a definitely cool camera, much cooler than the Kiev 4am and the Kiev 88 I had.

BTW, the pictures generally turn out to be great, no one takes the camera seriously; as lon as aperture and shutter speed are fine, it is up to the picture taker to get something good out of the camera.

I've had enough experiences with BAD cameras to last me a lifetime and I grew to dislike every one of them! Included in my "rogues gallery" are: <br><br>

Kodak Brownie 127 (viewfinder)<br>

Agfa Isola I 120 (viewfinder)<br>

Halina Paulette 35mm (viewfinder) <br>

Yashica Minister II 35mm (rangefinder) <br>

Praktica 35mm SLR (model LTL3, I think).<br>

Kiev 5 35mm RF (Contax IIIa copy) <br>

Lubitel 120 TLR <br> <br>

People who are unfamiliar with these cameras can count themselves lucky!

Ray,

Funny you mention those, i have/had those too , exept the agfa and the halina. The Practica is an MTL3 by the way, i had a couple of Carl Zeiss Jena lenses with them, exelent with B&W film.

I would like to add the Voigtlander Vito CLE, low-end 'consumer' camera.

Greetings,

Well, I've so many bad cameras!

My favourites are my FEDs - a 2 and a 4. Great fun. And also Leica screw mount... And my Prakticas are great - if only because the Carl Zeiss Jena lenses are remarkably good. Don't like the Kiev much, much to my disappointment. Although it does have authentic Zeiss bumps!