Weather cover for non-weatherproof lenses

gunjankv

<p>I am wondering how would one weather cover those lenses that are not weather proof?<br>

Example: Using 17-55 f/2.8 on Canon 7D makes this kind of mixture where body is weather proof but lens is not.<br>

In this case, does any one know of any accessories which one can use to make it weather proof? Mainly sudden rain or sand storm etc..</p>

<p>I always have two clear, blue recycle type bags in my gear bag plus a few rubber bands. I use these for rain and/or condensation when coming back indoors from the cold. Having the bag doesn't help get the drops of the front in blowing rain, but it works alright so long as you aren't retarded like me and put the bag in the lenses field of view. There are commercial products that look very good too, but I can't wear them if I forgot my rain coat.</p>

<div>00XoBc-308951684.jpg.307b7a708e7f190a17c5fdd3900a4606.jpg</div>

<p>Most camera shops sell bags that have a drawstring at one end to close up the end at the lens, and then have a small hole for you to cover with your eyepiece. The other end of the bag is open, but hangs down, so you can get your hands in to work the camera without having to try to do it through the plastic bag. They can be left out to dry and then reused, and are inexpensive.</p>